For the first time, the IO-Link technology has been implemented in sensor series from Panasonic. Fiber sensor amplifiers (FX-550L), pressure sensors (DP-100L series), and measurement sensors (HG-C1000L series) now can communicate via IO-Link.
In addition to the standard benefits provided by IO-Link such as external parametrization and simple replacement of devices, Panasonic’s IO-Link sensors offer an integrated self-diagnosis function.
This function contains pre-defined warning levels for each of the sensor types. The sensor automatically sends a warning signal when its functionality is compromised, for example when the FX-550L detects a decrease in light intensity at the receiver. The self-diagnosis function saves time as users do not have to implement a function themselves. Thanks to the standardized IO-Link technology, users are able to easily integrate sensors on the different field levels.
1 Sensor level
The sensor data are transferred in the conventional manner via digital or analog sensor outputs. The disadvantage: Every sensor has to be connected individually. With the standardized IO-Link technology, all sensors capable of communicating via IO-Link are connected with one connector.
The IO-Link sensors from our portfolio:
2 IO-Link master level
The IO-Link masters form the connection between the sensor and the field level. The masters act as a hub where different IO-Link sensors are connected. The IO-Link master works with a specific fieldbus. The following types of IO-Link masters are available:
- EtherCAT (part number: IOLINK-ETHERCAT-MASTER)
- Profinet (part number: IOLINK-PROFINET-MASTER)
- EtherNet/IP (part number: IOLINK-ETHERNET-IP-MASTER)
3 PLC level
The PLC processes the data with a user-defined program.
Here you can find further information about our PLCs.
Advantages of the IO-Link technology:
- Reduction of costs: The standardized connection with M12 connector cables makes the installation easy and simplifies stock management.
- Reduction of time and effort: IO-Link sensors can be connected in a fast and easy manner. Central parametrization saves time because it works for several devices at the same time (configuration, replacement).
- Self-diagnosis function: The built-in self-diagnosis function from Panasonic outputs sensor-specific signals, e.g. a warning when the FX-550L detects a decrease in light intensity at the receiver. This saves the users the trouble of implementing a diagnosis function for Panasonic sensors themselves.
- Machine availability: Machine availability is improved considerably because all values and parameter can be read and processed centrally in real time.
- Innovation: The sensors of the future speak IO-Link. This way it is possible to realize innovative machine concepts. Lot size 1 is possible.