Farnell incorporates new, industry leading resistors from KOA Corp. into portfolio
Exceptional power and reliability at the core of new resistor range adds new capabilities, temperature tolerance and space saving options for developers.
Farnell is now stocking a range of special flat chip resistor solutions from KOA Corporation (KOA).
Important to design engineers in a wide range of demanding markets, KOA resistors are an ideal choice for designers working in automotive, industrial, aerospace, medical, instrumentation and power conversion sectors.
Among the new resistors featured is the RN73R, a high precision, high reliability thin film resistor,
that replaces the RN73 series with improved electrolytic corrosion resistance and higher stability.
The RN73H resistor in the series is designed for tough environments and is ideal for high precision circuits for automotive, aerospace and other challenging applications. Despite their ultra-thin film, these resistors have excellent moisture resistance due to an additional inner protective layer.
A high precision resistor now carried by Farnell that uses thick film technology is the RS73, which makes it ideal for long-term stability when designing high-accuracy sensing or voltage detection circuits in automotive, industrial and measuring applications where ESD sensitivity is an issue.
The SG73P is an endured pulse power thick film resistor that has approximately seven times the
pulse handling capability of standard flat chip resistors. Its special trimming gives it a higher power rating, which means that a SG73P device can be dropped onto the pads of a similar sized conventional part, thus increasing the power capability without changing the PCB layout.
For designers who need to conserve board space, the new WK73R wide termination thick film resistor offers several advantages. For example, the 0612 chip size allows 6x power rating compared to standard 1206 parts, which saves board space by improving heat dissipation. The larger terminals also enhance terminal strength and the smaller distance between the terminals reduces expansion stress.
Farnell’s new stock of KOA resistors also includes:
- Flat chip resistors for high voltage applications, represented by KOA's HV73(V)-series, designed for voltages up to 3 kV (2512 size with special coating and trimming insulation to ensure that higher voltages can be applied at operating temperatures up to +155 °C.
- TLR low-ohm, high-power metal plate shunt resistors are offered in the ultra-low 0.5mΩ…20mΩ resistance range.
Special trimming gives the device low inductance and removes any hotspots from the design.
- The TLRZ series metal plate zero-ohm jumpers handles high currents in very small sizes. These low-profile jumpers are the perfect replacement for thick film devices in existing designs.
- UR73 resistors are low resistance, low TCR thick film resistors that offer a cost-efficient approach for current sensing in the power range from 0.125 to 1 Watt and are available in sizes from 0402 to 2512.
- KOA’s UR73V low resistance, low TCR thick film resistors for automotive applications cover the 10mΩ - 1Ω range and are a highly cost-effective approach to current sensing in automotive, power supply, motor control and many other industrial automation applications.
Farnell Global Product Segment Leader, Resistors, Euan Gilligan, said, “KOA is known for the quality and reliability of their resistors and other products. We are delighted to make the benefits of their capabilities readily available to developers worldwide.”
The new range of KOA resistors are available from Farnell in EMEA, element14 in APAC and Newark
in North America.